Apr 16, 2012

Fabrice Muamba left the hospital

Fabrice Muamba has been discharged from the London Chest Hospital one month after suffering a cardiac arrest. The Bolton midfielder was hospitalized after he collapsed during an FA Cup quarter-final match against Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane. Fabrice's heart stopped for 78 minutes during that day. An Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) has been inserted under his collarbone to protect him against another cardiac arrest.

Dr Andrew Deaner, Fabrice Muamba and Dr Sam Mohiddin

Muamba will be moved now 200 miles for ongoing treatment to the Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle, Greater Manchester. In a statement released by Bolton, Muamba said: "I am naturally very pleased to be discharged from hospital and would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to every single member of staff at The London Chest Hospital who have played a part in my care. Their dedication, professionalism and expertise is simply amazing and I will forever be in their debt. I also wish to say thank you to all the many well-wishers who have sent thousands of messages of support. Now I am out of hospital, I am looking forward to continuing my recovery and spending precious time with my family."